Old February 15th, 2008, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Markku Grönroos

Default Shooting at Northern Illinois.

"PeterL" kirjoitti
Thought I post this first, just to warn europeans to stay away from
northern illinois.

Well done.

DEKALB, Ill. - A man dressed in black opened fire with a shotgun and
two handguns from a stage of a lecture hall at Northern Illinois
University on Thursday, injuring as many as 18 people, four
critically, before he killed himself, the school's president said.

I was about to broadcast this piece of news myself. Yes, it is sad that this
happens almost everyday in the USA and so often at school. Americans should
pull themselves together (lawmakers in particular) and collect pistols,
machine guns and bazookas away from ordinary citizens. These tools don't fit
the hands of ordinary people in the first place. And when Joe Smith blows up
with hardware bought from the John J. Rambo supermarket, many innocent
people have to die for no decent reason. Absurd!