Old June 26th, 2015, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

Default Mosquitoes in Italy

On 6/26/15 1:31 AM, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 23:20:15 -0700, poldy wrote:

On 6/25/15 1:37 AM, Giovanni Drogo wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2015, shazi wrote:

Mosquitoes are mainly an annoyance.

Mosquitoes carry serious diseases too.

There was no shortage of bighting mosquitoes, when I used to visit Milan in
summer. I used to visit the Milan suburb of Vimodrone.

More serious are deer ticks. Travel guides on the Dolomiti would warn
about taking measures to prevent Lyme disease or getting treated if you
suspect symptoms.

True West Nile and other serious diseases are something to be concerned
about.

But at least mosquitoes are easier to detect than ticks, which you're
vulnerable to if you walk through brush in the mountains, in the day time.

Plus, early detection and treatment of Lyme disease is critical, as the
consequences for failure to do so are pretty serious.