Old January 10th, 2006, 06:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default I don't want to be a nervous flyer....

In article .com,
wrote:

I'm looking for ways to stop my nervousness of flying... I don't
think it's a FEAR; I'm not affraid of a crash or anything. I think it
is more of a feeling. It's as if I can feel that we're flying, the
speed, the height, the movement..ugg. I also feel a bit disoriented,
like I can't tell which end is up and it always feels like we're
tilting or leaning unnaturally in one direction, or forward or
back... Everything I try to look up about it deals with a fear/safety
issue. Does anyone else relate to what I'm talking about? I think it
might have to do with control.

This is going to sound crazy, but I believe a couple of hours of flight
instruction at your local airport might be a big help. It would help
you understand what's going on with the airplane, and help you connect
the feelings you have as a passenger to what the plane's really doing,
and why.

There are lots of flight schools out there; you can find one, among
other places, he http://www.beapilot.com/ (That site offers a $59
introductory coupon accepted by the participating schools.)

Good luck!