Old January 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default I don't want to be a nervous flyer....

another tip -- if you have the option fly united and listen to channel
9.

you won't understand everything, but when you hear control talking to
YOUR flight you'll know a few seconds in advance when the plane is
doing something, and will expect it and know why.

if your flight slows in speed for what seems to be a strange reason mid
flight, you'll know it's because they were told to slow for spacing or
whatever reason.

for aviation geeks like me listening to channel 9 is great, and you'll
appreciate the tight control and logistics that make air travel what it
is. (wait i don't know if that statement came out good or bad)

anyway best of luck.