Old October 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Jim Ley

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:50:22 -0400, "FamousDave"
m wrote:

- Sleep in Sunroute Asakusa Hotel (Y 9500 (open for suggestions))

This is expensive! You can almost certainly halve that without
problem in Tokyo.

- I'm planning to activate my JR pass after spending 3 days in Tokyo,
meaning the first 3 days in Japan I will not have a JR Pass. How expensive
do you think it'll be for me to move around the trains in Tokyo without a JR
Pass?

A few hundred yen at most per trip. mostly in the 160 or 230 range I
think from your description. Getting from NRT to Tokyo is the
expensive part.

- I want to rent a phone while in Japan, I found a company that will charge
me $75 per week + $1.50 per min to the US and free incoming calls, do you
think that's reasonable?

That sounds ridiculously expensive! Do you really need it? (150cents
per minute is just ludicrous)

Jim.