Old December 17th, 2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

Default Kenya - recommended tour operators?

"Paul Altmann" wrote in message
Hello!

Are there any Kenya based tour operators you would recommend from
fresh experience - or, on the contrary, others that you would avoid?

Besides, I can't seem to remember correctly the name of a big one (?),
probably UK based (?), that was in the market some 10 years ago, which
was called Guerna or Guerica or the like. Somebody here knows the
correct name?

Thanks

Hi Paul..I actually went on a Guerba safari very recently...if you are
looking for an overlanding experience, then they are very good indeed. I was
lucky in that there were only 6 of us on a trip designed for 20
people..it's juts the luck of the draw.

I cannot recomend enough how great they are as a company, their staff added
a LOT to such a wonderful experience.

that said, i doubt i'd overland again...the rustic element is wonderful, but
with the prospect of up to 20 fellow passengers, it might be a bit too
much.

i'd definatly pay a bit extra and do a lodge safari, perhaps one where you
can make your own iternary.