Old September 23rd, 2016, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default Rhein cruises

-hh wrote:
poldy wrote:
Talis Mann wrote:
poldy wrote:
Not to mention, in this day and age, being cut off from Internet,
phones, etc. for swaths of time?

On a river cruise through Europe? Not hardly. I know there's widespread
4G LTE throughout Germany and elsewhere.

I don't know the itinerary of these river cruises but between big towns,
there's no coverage or it reverts to 2G.

The ships typically have free wifi, although it often will
get slammed when the passengers get back onboard.

Or there's a long stretch with no cities of any size, as could happen on
the Danube 8-)

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad