Old May 10th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Keith Willshaw

Default Recommendations - perfect climate?

"Tony Day" wrote in message

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
The only problem is that you have not described what you want. One
person's perfect climate may well be another's most boring climate.

Very true.

In general, if you want to avoid earthquakes and volcanic activity avoid
coastal and mountain areas. That should get you down to something
boring. If you mean only within europe I suspect somewhere in the
northern Mediterranean area where there are no coast and no mountains.

Er. Britain has coat all round it and some (small mountains). No volcanic
activity for several squillion years and only about two .000001 earth
tremors in the fifty plus years I've been about. The same is true of

almost
every European country.

Apart from Italy, Greece , Yugoslavia etc, most of southern
Europe along the boundary of the European and African
tectonic plates is classed as a seismic hazard zone.

And there is no coast on the north mediterranean? What is th bit where the
sea stops and the land begins called then?

I suspect he meant somewhere away from the coast.

I dunno what you call the north meditarranean, but by any definition it

has
plenty of mountains. By some definitions two of them are volcanic. One
actively.

Rather more than that, Etna, Stromboli and Vesuvius are
all considered active volcanoes

Perhaps well in from the coast in south central Spain but not far enough
in to get mountains.

Crap. No volcanoes in Spain. Mountains ALL near coast! (Sierra Nevada in
south, Pyrenees in north)

You mean apart from the ones that arent, such as the Iberian Mountains,
and Sierra Morena !

Keith