Old May 10th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Recommendations - perfect climate?

There was a reference to earthquakes. They may be uncommon but they do
occur. Britain has occasionally been hit by hurricanes. Again very
uncommon but it can happen. I suppose that the east side might be safe
for disasters.

Tony Day wrote:

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

The only problem is that you have not described what you want. One
person's perfect climate may well be another's most boring climate.

Very true.

In general, if you want to avoid earthquakes and volcanic activity avoid
coastal and mountain areas. That should get you down to something
boring. If you mean only within europe I suspect somewhere in the
northern Mediterranean area where there are no coast and no mountains.

Er. Britain has coat all round it and some (small mountains). No volcanic
activity for several squillion years and only about two .000001 earth
tremors in the fifty plus years I've been about. The same is true of almost
every European country.

And there is no coast on the north mediterranean? What is th bit where the
sea stops and the land begins called then?

I dunno what you call the north meditarranean, but by any definition it has
plenty of mountains. By some definitions two of them are volcanic. One
actively.

Perhaps well in from the coast in south central Spain but not far enough
in to get mountains.

Crap. No volcanoes in Spain. Mountains ALL near coast! (Sierra Nevada in
south, Pyrenees in north)

You learnt European geography in the US? Or not at all?

If you mean in the world then perhaps somewhere in central asia well
away from mountains. Perhaps Mongolia although you may find that chilly.

strawberry icecream wrote:

I was wondering where in the world posters would recommend for the

perfect

climate?

This would also include factors such as having little danger of

hurricanes,

volcanic activity, earthquakes, etc.

Any suggestions?

Tony (answering a troll who answered a troll!)