Old May 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM

Default "Canada" The Deserters Choice

On Mon, 03 May 2004 00:43:49 GMT, Brian Wickham
wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2004 11:33:08 GMT, wrote:

On Sat, 01 May 2004 05:30:00 GMT, Brian Wickham
wrote:

Again, Purple Hearts are not for heroism, no matter how much you
pretend they are. Silver Stars are. How many Silver Stars are held
by the current administration? How many Bronze Stars with V? How
many anything? How many Republicans does it take to sling mud at a
man for fulfilling his military duty? How many Republicans know what
military duty is?

John McCain, Dwight Eisenhower, Colin Powell, etc. Even Wesley Clark
until he decided he wanted to run for President.

That's four. They don't have to famous Republicans you know, so you
can pad the list a little. How about all the Republicans who had
draft deferments?

What's your point? You asked for Republicans so I gave you
Republicans. Since you want to make this a party issue. How about
naming some Democrats that are alive today that served in military
leadership positions. I'd bet Democrats out numbered Republicans that
fled to Canada to avoid military service too. What about those crowds
of young people that were protesting the Vietnam War in the 60s and
70s. Lots of them were of draft age. What percentage of them do you
think were Republican? Why didn't Bill Clinton and friends serve?

Brian