Old March 6th, 2010, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_5_]

Default Celebrity bottled water and soda carry on?

peter wrote:
On 3/6/10 9:34 PM, in article ,
"frijoli" wrote:

I was curious, and this may have been answered in the past
but I couldn't find it specifically.

Can you bring on a 6-12 pack of bottled water or soda on board?

We have done this on all our past cruises with no issues,
but never sailed Celebrity. No I didn't ask the cruise line,
and I won't, because their statement is always the same. NO.
And, yet I have always done it and been allowed. I will
probably attempt it because they usually don't have soda I
like and charge ridiculous amounts for water

Just curious if anyone has done this recently.

Man, I'm getting excited about this cruise!

On the Celebrity site the list of "what not to pack" includes "personal
alcohol" (with a limited exception) but not personal soda or water.
Consistent with that, I have seen people bringing multiple large bottles of
water onboard and the security people didn't mind.
Clay

Thanks Peter, I read that too. Are you saying you've seen
people do this on Celebrity ships?

As I mentioned I have done it in the past on all but one
cruise. I was a noob once.