Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Ben

Default GOA (India) advice sought

JetAirways (and probably others like Sahara, AirIndia, ...) fly from bombay
to Goa
airport codes: BOM - GOI

http://www.jetairways.com/
http://www.airsahara.net/airsahara/index.jsp

"claire edwards" wrote in message

Originally posted by Newbie
An American couple would be

in Pune in late August. From Pune, we
would like to visit Goa for a

few (3-4?) days, and then go to Bombay.

What is the best way of

going about this:

1. Should we simply fly to Goa, find a hotel and

go around on our own?

2. Should we fly to Goa but then find a hotel

package? Which hotel
would you recommend?

3. Should we try to

find a package in Pune itself which includes a
flight to Goa,

hotel/sightseeing there and then a flight to Bombay?

Any advice

from experienced Americans, Indians, and others will be
greatly

appreciated.

I would buy yourself a lonely planet on India -
check out lonelyplanet.com. It's really useful and you can get an idea
of sights to see etc in the area. You can email and book some
accommodation prior to your arrival, if you wanted to, or book yourself
a package deal. Depending on what time of year you go, my depend on how
busy the Pune area is. I turned up in Arombol (North Goa) in November
(01) and had difficulties finding accommodation, ended up living with an
Indian family - it was brilliant, but we were lucky. Pune is bigger and
the choice of accommodation is greater.

In terms of flights, you can
get flights into Mumbai, but I'm not entirely sure if you can get
flights into Gao, I travelled by bus to Goa from Mumbai and I spent a
couple of weeks getting there. Would highly recommend it!

I loved
travelling in India, have fun.

Claire

--