Old April 6th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Mark Kelly

Default Becoming a Registered Travel Agent

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:35:56 -0400, "McWebber"
wrote:

"thegoons" wrote in message
Is there any "dodgy" place (eg: Eastern Europe or some obscure part of
America) where it is easy to become a licensed travel agent and obtain

true
agent discount fares etc?

Agent discount fares? Fares for what? You don't really get discounts on
airfares since the airlines don't pay. You can save the commission on hotel
bookings with the hotels that still pay those. There are some FAM trips
which is about the only reason to be a travel agent. If you can generate
some business, your local agency may make you an outside agent, but you
won't get any FAM trips or discounts if you don't produce some revenue.

I guess that is why places are starting to charge "admin fee" for
hotel / flight only booking now.
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.