Old September 29th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Jeremy Henderson

Default How to buy a French registered car as a non-resident

On 29/9/03 4:33 pm, in article ,
"Mxsmanic" wrote:

Simon writes:

a different department from the previous owner.

- If I do need to re-register it with the prefecture, will I be able
to do so in France using my British passport? I can provide proof of
address etc in France as required as I have had a house here for
almost a year. Is there any other documentation they will require?

You'll have to call them and ask, or try
http://www.service-public.fr,
which probably has details.

I recently registered a British car in France and had much less hassle than
I anticipated. Specifically, I did not have a Carte de Sejour, even though
everyone told me I'd have to wait to get one before I registered the car.
(The details will be google-able on this ng)

J.