Old September 30th, 2003, 08:05 AM
nightjar

Default How to buy a French registered car as a non-resident

wrote in message
news
Hi,

why not just take your UK registered car?

I've just taken mine from the UK to France and back (south coast of both
countries). It involved two days driving in each direction, around ?560 in
petrol and tolls, an overnight stay in an hotel each way and the cost of a
channel crossing - a bit over £1,000 in all, including the cost of taking a
high trailer across. Flying takes a little over an hour and can cost as
little as £60 return from my nearest airport. However, the amount of
furniture you can take on a flight is limited.

Colin Bignell