Old May 28th, 2010, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default grand canyon area

On Thu, 27 May 2010 20:52:55 -0700 (PDT), Ad absurdum per aspera
wrote:

Anyway, as others have mentioned, there are many things to see and do
in the general area: Sedona, Prescott, Petrified Forest, Meteor
Crater, the Sunset Crater volcanic area, the Painted Desert (try to
catch it at sundown), the monument to the Code Talkers up at Kayenta
(in Burger King -- the cultural center of a small town isn't
necessarily where you'd first think to look), Glen Canyon Dam and
environs, Canyon de Chelley, and, oh, whatever serendipity blunders
you into. The only thing you can do wrong is rush.

While I agree that Canyon de Chelly is interesting, that is kind of a
broad idea of general idea. It's more than 250 miles from the Grand
Canyon.

I do wish that we had had more time to visit there but we were locked
into an itinerary.