Old July 30th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Anonymous

Default Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque Trip

saabdued wrote:
Hello. Planning a 5 or so day trip to this area in September or

October. Can
anyone recommend sites to see, a good but not too expensive Santa Fe

hotel,
and restaurants in the 3 areas. Thanks in advance, Alan

We were there in September 2002 and it was a wonderful time to visit.

For "not too expensive" we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Santa Fe on
Cerrillos Road. For the business part of the trip we stayed at Hotel
Santa Fe, managed in part by the Picuris Peublo. It's a nice place
within easy walking distance of the Plaza area.

We had never been to the area, so we were very impressed with the
scenery and were just happy driving around and getting out of the car
every once in a while to stand at the side of the road and look. We
did
stop and visit at places including:
- Bandelier National Monument
- Abiquiu and Ghost Ranch
- Taos by the High Road (which had an artist festival all along the
road
the day we travelled)
- Jemez Mountain Trail

Restaurants we enjoyed in Santa Fe include:
- Blue Corn Cafe
- 315
- Andiamo
--multiplaza.nl.nu--