Old January 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Brave move?

In article ,
Charles wrote:

In article , Old Sarge
wrote:

The major problem with the Concordia is one that is plagued by all ships,
not necessarily cruise ships. When a ship lists to one side, the degree has
an effect on lifeboat deployment and in this case the list went quickly and
the lifeboats were stuck on board. HOWEVER, even if they had had a drill
prior to departure, I doubt it would have helped as there was mass
confusion.

They also have the life rafts that can be used if the lifeboats can not
be dropped. I think the major problem with the evacuation on Concordia
was that it was delayed.

And this one was close enough to the shore that they could used the
lifeboats as shuttles so even if 1/2 weren't deploable, the others could
have taken up the slack if implemented early enough..