Old January 19th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Mike

Default Belize cave tubing

Bernie, I enjoyed the cave tubing, I can't wait to do it again.

Reggie, Xstream and the cruise line all do the same cave tubing
excursion. Each of them parks in the same parking lot and they do the
same tour. You will see each of the tour operators there (if you book
with the cruise line, they require you to carry a life vest, whether
you want it or not).

When you arrive, you change your clothes (if you need to), they hand
out headlights, so you can see inside of the caves, and then you go
collect your inner tubes. You begin your hike, carrying your inner
tube, you float down a river, you go in and out of a couple of caves,
then you exit the water and you return your inner tube. Even though
you book your excursion through Reggie or Xstream, the cruise line
photographers may be in the river taking photos.

The larger the group, the longer it takes to hand out and retrieve the
headlights and the inner tubes. If there is a slow walker in the
group, the entire group is slowed down. This is one reason the
excursion can take more time.

My excursion was with Reggie. I would book it through and individual
operator, you get more attention and your group moves faster. It was a
fun excursion, I hope you try it.

Becca ----wants to do it all while I'm still young...

I took the jungle walk and cave tubing tour off the Enchantment of the Seas on
Christmas day and we were not required to carry or wear life vests. The river
was slow moving and I don't believe it ever was over three or four feet deep.
We went through two caves, it took close to an hour, and the bus ride was about
one hour back to the dock.

Mike