Old April 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Corono

Default tipping question

(Dave) wrote in :
I would have to disagree. I have heard mention of resorts firing
staff for taking tips but never actually seen it mentioned in resort
information. I always tip the wait staff the bartenders and the
people who make up my room. We bring a bunch of US singles and give
tips of one or two dollars. The only ones getting rich at the resorts
are the owners. Tips help the workers improve their life. Just be
discreet and don't be obvious. We also bring gifts like cosmetics and
costume jewlery for the maids.

Sandals, SuperClubs and Couples explicitly mentioned that tipping is not
allowed. When you go to one of these resort chains, please don't tip the
employees.