Old July 27th, 2015, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin

Default Gisors, a day trip from Paris

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:27:16 -0700, poldy wrote:

On 7/26/15 9:17 AM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:59:59 +0000, Paul Aubrin wrote:

I passed through Gisors several times without stopping.
I corrected this error. Gisors is a pleasant old town, with an
impressive ancient Castle when the king of France and the king of
England were at war at the end of the 11th century.

My lunch, in some kind of Bistrot, was very simple, but cheap, good
quality and tasty. It was a good day trip.

From Paris, you reach Gisors in slightly more than one hour by train
(Saint Lazare station). Schedule:

http://www.paris-gisors.com/horaires.html

Some pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=gisors%20normandy

Tourist information.
http://www.tourisme-gisors.fr/en/cap...-norman-vexin/

Today's pictures
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135023...h/19838478648/

Are there other destinations on that train line worth visiting?

Or is Gisors alone worth the day trip?

By train, there is nothing easily accessible from Gisors.
By car, there are a lot of interesting places around: Chateau-Gaillard,
Giverny, Le Bec Hellouin abbey, Rouen, Dieppe, Etretat.