Old January 8th, 2013, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Cruise Critic, Banned!

In article ,
wrote:

On Monday, January 7, 2013 2:16:35 PM UTC-8, rec.travel.cruises wrote:

Read the posts. I posted my user name. I cut and pasted the screen I get if I
even try to get on the community board. I recieved no e-mails, and I no
longer recieve 'exclusive member' offers from every third world rust bucket
in cahoots with CC.

I no longer care, it's not such a big deal. I tried cruise ships, it was
fun, but there are other things I want to do.

I don't have the need to warn everyone about cruise ships. They are a
opretty good deal. It is a way to meet people from all over the world (on
board) who don't want to slit your throat and steal your wallet. Pretty good
deal for $11.50 per day in tips.

The vacation I took previous to cruising was to Deadwood, SD where I played
poker near where Wild Bill died.

Before that I went camping near Death Valley, no room stewert, but lots of
peace and quiet.

There are plenty of things to do for $100/day dbl occ.

But if you want to start a petition to have me re-instated on The Critic, god bless you.

We can't see though what was in any removed posts.

I would contact them because it is possible you are not banned since
they did not send you a message giving a reason from the moderators. My
understanding is that they have give reasons in the past. On another
cruise site where there were a number of Cruise Critic refugees that
migrated there after they got into a spat with the moderators about off
topic posts and were banned, they posted the messages they got from the
moderators which gave reasons. That message could be in error that you
get when you try and get on the board. That kind of message is likely
being generated because of the IP address you are using. That IP
address might have been used by someone else in the past who was
banned. (IP addresses get reused by many ISP's). Any chance you are
using a proxy server or VPN?

--
Charles