Old September 25th, 2015, 08:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nil

Default Travelocity oddity

This seems to be the only travel newsgroup with any action these days,
so I hope someone here can check something out for me...

If anyone has a Travelocity account, please log in and check out their
site's "Scratchpad" feature. Supposedly it keeps a list of recent
searches there so you can refer back to them. I think it did work as
advertised a few weeks ago when I first noticed it, but I didn't really
make use of it.

In the past few days I find dozens of listings there that I did not
make. Things like flights from Seoul Korea to Prague, hotels in Tucson
AZ, flights from Phoenix to Hawaii, car rentals in Amsterdam. The
listings will come and go within minutes, to be replaced by equally
random things. I'm certain that my account has not been hi-jacked,
though I changed my password and deleted any stored payment info to be
sure, and I'm keeping an eye on any bookings that might be made. I
think it must the site itself going nuts.

So, if you can, please check out the Scratchpad and see if it's working
as expected.

I already called Travelocity, and the nice lady seemed to understand my
concern and said she would inform the system support people. I also
emailed them through their contact page, but no response.