Old December 31st, 2008, 01:51 PM posted to aus.tv.digital,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default DVB-T + Analog TV on laptop while travelling?

[Crossposted to aus.tv.digital and rec.travel.australia+nz.]

On our next trip to/in Australia, mainly in rural/outback areas, we
will be taking a mini-laptop with us.

I was wondering if it would be worth our while to buy a small (USB)
DVB-T (Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestial) tuner, probably a combined
DVB-T/Analog one, probably a Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick [1].

Would such a stick/tuner be useful in rural/outback areas, i.e.
small(er) towns?

Would there likely be DVB-T, or analog TV, or both?

Would the supplied small rod antenna be sufficient?

Any other comments or/and suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any and all response.

[1]
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Products/Consumer+Products/PCTV+Tuners/PCTV+Analog_Digital+PVR/PCTV+Hybrid+Pro+Stick+%28320e%29.htm