Old January 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Milford Track and Routeburn Tracks, rough dollar amount.

Howdie all,

Without my life story getting in the way, basically how much would I in
need in Australian dollars to walk both Milford Track and Routeburn
Tracks ignoring airfares and gear (which i mostly have already, from my
other bush walking adventures).

Starting from Queenstown, using public transport (I unfortunately
haven't had my license long enough to hire a car). Backpacker
accommodation doesn't bother me (it's preferred, you meet some
interesting people that way)

I don't need a detailed interary but just some approximate number so i
can work out if it is palusable.

The long story,

I've just finished uni in aus and have a good casual job that is paying
well enough to give me an alright bit of disposable income. Before i
join the workforce full time and start putting my piece of paper to use
i want to walk these two tracks i've heard people rave about, and who's
pictures i've admired on many a track report.

Any help/ideas people can give will be appricated

thanks, brent