Old February 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Default ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

On Feb 4, 4:02 am, "Corné" wrote:
"Marc Lurie" schreef in berichtnews:dh56s2h5lfurpmbn6ufedsjbe6d2eud5kk@4ax .com...

Corne, are you suggesting that this person should attempt to bribe a
police officer if they get caught speeding?

Marc, consider this: My parents and several guests were fined R700 for
speeding up to 9 km too fast. Normal ticket for this is R200 officially. In
that case it can be useful to know what's going on.

Worked for me a couple a weeks ago, but in that case the police officers
themselves told me if I paid R50 cash (...) I didn't have to go to the
Magistrate court.... Now Marc, what do you suggest to do if a polic officer
tells you this?

I am not telling that this person should attemt to bribe a police officer,
just sharing my experiences.

Keep well.

Regards from the sunny bush,

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Thanks for the advice. I have unpaid (slightly speeding) tickets from
New Zealand, Mexico and a counrty in eastern europe.

Doug Clark