Old December 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_2_]

Default Also SF,, The Slanted Door

singlemalt wrote on Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:59:20 -0600:

s We have been researching restaurants in SF and keep running
s across the Slanted Door. Some on Chowhound say it is a
s tourist trap nowadays and no SF people go to it. Any
s opinions either way, and is the food good, which ultimately
s is most important. Thanks, jw

I think it's pretty good and not outrageously expensive. I
usually manage to eat there if I can get a reservation for me
and my relatives on my fairly frequent trips to San Francisco.
Did it get a Michelin star or was it just well rated as it is in
Zagat?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: