Old December 19th, 2007, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
singlemalt

Default Also SF,, The Slanted Door

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 2:59 pm, "singlemalt" wrote:
We have been researching restaurants in SF and keep running across the
Slanted Door. Some on Chowhound say it is a tourist trap nowadays and no
SF
people go to it. Any opinions either way, and is the food good, which
ultimately is most important. Thanks, jw

It's good food for people who are afraid to go to a real Vietnamese
restaurant.

I understand that it is not authentic Vietnamese food but what is described
as "fusion". The first V. food I ever ate was years ago in SF. We were
staying in a BnB in, I believe, what was referred to as "the avenues". The
lady that ran it told us of a nearby V. restaurant. We ate there and loved
it. Now in Austin , as probably most everywhere, there are plenty of V.
restaurants. If you have a "real" V. place in mind, I would like to know
about it. Thank you.