Old March 17th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Roger Chung-Wee

Default Was I unreasonable?

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:44:50 -0000, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

"elise" wrote in message
Had a minor disagreement with the b/f at the weekend as we have just booked
flights to Barcelona for 5 of us - 2 adults and 3 kids. We live in the
Midlands and he thought we should go with Easyjet from Stanstead as it was
only £504.
My position was we should go from LHR with BA for an extra £90.
In the end I offered to pay the extra on top of my share of the costs
because I REALLY don't want to fly with Easyjet.

My argument was that BA offer seat allocation, meal(small I know), more
legroom, I get more BA miles and there's better shopping at LHR.

Was I just being snobbish or would you do the same?

Personally I would be tempted to choose EasyJet over BA.

www.aa.com often has cheaper prices for BA flights.

BA leg room (LGW-CDG-LGW) seemed as small as (or even smaller than) Easyjet.

BA on-line seat allocation doesn't always work as far as choosing you own is
concerned, and when travelling as a family you cant guarantee to get 5 seats
together especially if you book late or use OLCI late. With EasyJet
pre-boarding your are pretty much guaranteed to find 5 together.

The meal - you should factor in the cost of providing your own or buying
stuff at the airport
How fussy are the kids ?

On the cheap tickets you will get 125 miles each way, thats 1% of the
requirement for their minimum free flight, worth about 30-50p each (for the
return trip) assuming you fly enough to collect enough to use.

As for the airport shopping - this comment makes me think you are a troll
:-)

Why not fly BA from Birmingham?