Old November 24th, 2005, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default A question or two from a newbie here

I couldn't answer from experience previously, but Michael has
confirmed that it is unlikely that they will ask to look at your
ticket.

It's only if you're an illegal immigration risk that they might get
difficult.

Rgds,
Marc

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:51:11 +1100, "Michael Kilpatrick"
wrote:

I have visited South Africa 4 times since 1999, most recently in July 2004
and Aug 2005.

I'm an Australian and I have never been asked for my flight ticket or been
asked any questions. The Immigration stuff has been over in less than a
minute every time.

Maybe they treat Americans differently, but the info you were given by SAA
certainly doesn't match my experiences with entering Sth Africa.