Old August 17th, 2010, 02:57 AM posted to alt.society.liberalism,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.travel.misc,alt.religion.mormon
Foxtrot

Default Dänkblog: Salt Lake City, August 15, 2010

Dänk 666 wrote:

I'm in Salt Lake City for a few days on business and got to do some
touring yesterday.

I started out at the State Capitol where there was a rally of
evangelical xians singing Jesus songs. From there I wandered to
Temple Square, and spent an hour or two photographing the Mor(m)on
Temple, Tabernacle, and other religious monuments.

By then it was getting dark and I got lost and was rushing to find an
Indian restaurant that had gotten good reviews. Unfortunately, I
couldn't find it and

Get GPS, cheapskate.

Today I plan to do some more touring this morning, and have lunch at
the Indian restaurant, since I didn't come all this way to go home
without partaking of my favorite meal of rogan josh served with naan
and chai.

Check out my photo album, still in the works:

http://s929.photobucket.com/albums/a...a666/utah/slc/

A few nice photos in there. SLC is one of those places that you
can appreciate if you don't let the local beliefs bother you.

BTW the photos of gang graffiti are wastes of bandwidth. If
you're so fascinated with it, spend a few hours in East LA.