Old April 12th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Peter Berlin

Default "Constellation" Photo Gallery & "Paloma I" Photo Review

A good observation for sure Ben. But...we are talking about economy of
production, maintenance and scale. Celebrity does bill itself as a
premium line, but still, premium mass market mainstream for sure.

The Connie give a good ride and pleasurable experience despite its
sameness, and most folks don't cruise so often as to notice. The again,
lots of folk prefer the sameness, but enjoy the slight personality
differences between ships. It makes things a little different, but you
don't get lost.

The value is good, the luxury is as you perceive it, and that's what
makes a good cruise for all concerned.

Peter
Peter Berlin's Travel
Home of the GCL2005 -

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Photo 46 shows one of the problems I have with this class of ships.
You'll notice it is a picture of the main restaurant and you'll notice
the tables and seats are off to the right side while there's a
passageway on the left side. For me there are far too many tables here
and you see that the main part of the restaurant is beyond this area,
this "wing". This is one of the design aspects that bugs me about this
class, and there's many more. Also, anyone's who has seen an Infinity,
Summit or Millennium dining room has seen this one and I think it's a
shame compared to the creativity and differences used going from the
Century to Galaxy to Mercury. For me, this cheapens this class of ship
making it like the other class of ships. Yes, it is cheaper to maintain
it this way, and that, for me, by definition, makes this class feel
cheaper and mass produced than the more custom Century class of ships.

Ben S.

E-Mail: firstnameATruderhaus.de

"Das Ruderhaus": http://www.ruderhaus.de/