Old July 30th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Juliana L Holm

Default Clueless first-timer needs advice about cruises please

While that is the official position, I have seen lots of shorts in the dining
room on my two (admittedly limited exposure) NCL cruises. I think it is
clear that NCL is the line that accepts the most casual dress in the dining
room. That said, the OP needs to be aware that they may be required to wear
slacks at the worst.

Julie

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:14:42 -0400, Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

I know about Freestyle Dining, but never knew that you could wear shorts
in the dining rooms on NCL.

Hi Sue,

I would not gather from the following that shorts are acceptable at
dinner.
Quote from NCL brochu
Q: What is appropriate dinner attire?
A: We don't require you to wear a tie or other formal attire to
dinner. We do request however that guests wear "resort casual" attire
to dine in any of our specialty or main restaurants.
Q: What exactly is "resort casual attire?
A: Resort casual is a much more comfortable way to dress for dinner.
Basically, it's slacks, a dress or skirt for women.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905