Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Traveller

Default Best website for cheap flights

"John Scale" wrote in message
I am planning to fly to Los Angeles in June (26th) from London and fly

back
from Las Vegas in July (10th).

Can anyone suggest good websites for low fares. I have tried the usual
(Expedia, Travelocity, etc..) - but prices are still high at the moment.

John:

You may be getting charged a premium for an "open jaw" fare ("open jaw" is
where you fly from A to B and then from C back to A). It might be worth
checking the pricing for a straight return fare London-LA and then pick up a
cheapo oneway Vegas to LA (I believe $100 or so should get you there -
travelocity or expedia should be good sites for this).

Virgin Atlantic (www.virgin-atlantic.com) have direct service from LHR to
LAX and from LAS to LGW. I checked on their site just now and it came up at
GBP 433 + tax, total GBP 493.50, for outbound on 26 June and back on 11
July - I have to say this doesn't sound too bad to me. VS aren't the best
for legroom but their food and in-flight entertainment aren't bad.

www.opodo.co.uk came up with an even cheaper fare of GBP 340 + tax, total
GBP 397.10, for a trip on Northwest Airlines, from LGW, outbound via
Detroit, return via Minneapolis-St. Paul, on the dates you want. I've
purchased tickets from Opodo before and found the service to be quick and
efficient, and they don't fleece you for ticket delivery - just 2 quid.

If neither of these options tickle your fancy, then it's worth trying the
websites of all the carriers individually.