Old April 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Viviane

Default Australia to Thailand - currency questions

I've only used ATMs for the last 10 years or so to withdraw money and bought
things with a credit card. The banks will charge a fee (of course!) for the
ATM bit I still think that's better than worrying about finding somewhere to
change travellers cheques.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I will be travelling from Australia to Thailand soon.

I am thinking about the best way to handle the currency conversion of
Australian dollars to Thailand's Baht.

How can I get the best exchange rate?

Should I use an Australian bank to convert the currency?

Should I just use ATMs in Thailand?

Any other general advice from anyone who has experience in this area
would be much appreciated

Thank You