Old August 31st, 2010, 02:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

Default Rental Pass Card That Bypasses Paperwork?

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 05:34:23 GMT, (Király) wrote:

Brian wrote:
An American Express Platinum card gives higher level membership with
several car rental companies including Avis and Hertz.

No matter what any membership will offer, the rental desk will still
need to inspect your driver's license, have you sign for or sign off on
the insurance, sign off on any pre-existing damage on the car, etc. Not
much can be done in advance on any of those things. Renting a car is
not like renting a pressure washer.

Not at all. No desk. Just get in the car, go to the car, drive to exit
where the person there quickly looks at license and checks the
paperwork. If there is a shuttle, the driver drops us by the car. If
there isn't a shuttle, there's a board with names on it.
We do check the car for damage ourselves and report and problems. At
least I do. I keep telling my wife to but I doubt if she does.