Old January 1st, 2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation
Hatunen

Default I-5 in California is dreary and awful

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:21:40 -0500, "mdrawson"
wrote:

The most obvious alternative to the I-5 is Rte 99, which runs parallel to
the I-5 a few miles east and passes through/by all the major towns and
cities of the Central Valley --- it's kinda dreary but at least there's
something to see, and some of that is even interesting.

And CA-99 has towns you can stop in. Maybe find a real cafe to
lunch at.