Old October 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

Default I'm gonna throw this out there

Thanks for the quick reply. Most of your advice is really good.
Some things did not apply but still good advice.

We get our insurance from Princess because we get Platinum insurance for a
basic price.

We did receive a great $928 reduction through our TA on our upcoming cruise
but I had to inform her of the three day sale.

Why wouldn't Princess just drop the price automatically?

BTW, we give Princess (through our TA) our $200 for advance cruises and then
no more money until 90 days before sailing.

"Tom K" wrote in message ...

On 10/26/11 12:06 PM, Jr. wrote:
What are the advantages or disadvantages of booking a cruise on Princess
direct and not using a travel agent?

Remember... they both charge you the same price. Princess just keeps
the commission if you book with them.

So... (just a few)...

If there is a price drop later, Princess already has your money. A TA
can fight to get you a price reduction. Princess won't.

Some TA's even have software that tracks price drops.

And sometimes TA's can even get you things if there is a price drop
after final payment, such as upgrades based on the price drop.

If there is a problem, a TA can fight for you.

TA's have cheaper insurance than the cruise lines do.

TA's may have groups going (they belong to consortiums) and can then get
you a group rate.