Old May 4th, 2004, 11:03 PM

Default "Canada" The Deserters Choice

On Tue, 04 May 2004 04:25:31 GMT, Brian Wickham
wrote:

On Mon, 03 May 2004 07:13:10 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:

"Brian Wickham" wrote in message
. ..
How many Republicans does it take to sling mud at a
man for fulfilling his military duty?

Neither Republicans or anyone else I've noticed is concerned about Kerry's
fulfilling his military duties to his country, what concerns them is his
anti-America activism and anti-war protests while a war was still in
progress;

Not anti-American to those with a brain who can understand these kinds
of things. If you had been there you would know that the only people
in favor of the Vietnam War were those who didn't have to go. They
didn't have to pay attention to anything except who held a flag higher
than who, or who to beat up for looking "different".

I suppose the next thing you are going to claim is that you were there
too.

his lying about his service in Vietnam and his lying about his
protesting after returning from Vietnam; his slandering other soldiers who
served in Vietnam

What lies? Tell us exactly what you are referring to, if you can.
What soldiers did he slander? When? Are you referring to his
"atrocity" statement? War breeds atrocities and anyone who has been
in a combat zone knows that they are fairly common. How about today's
revelations on Iraqi prisoners? Small potatoes as atrocities go but I
think they prove the point. And now we start to see what the
consequences are of relying on reserves to do occupation duty. Why
send professionals when you can send a bunch of rural Virginians who
are totally unprepared for the job? Besides, we don't have enough
professionals. Good thinking Rummy! And where were you during the
Vietnam War? Or Karl Rove? We know where Newt Gingrich was -
cheating on one of his wives, probably with the next one. He really
took a chance with that college deferment when he could have gotten a
pass for moral turpitude. Does that qualify as "courage"?

Obviously you a Democrat with an agenda. Considering that John Kennedy
really got us involved in Vietnam, where was Ted Kennedy? You also
are just parroting since you assume incorrectly what deferment
Gingrich had.

and his staunch refusal to produce ALL of this military
records.

You've got it backwards, all of Kerry's military records are on the
web. George Bush has yet to produce all of his. Both men's records
are at
http://www.awolbush.com/kerry-vs-bush.asp

The above certainly sounds like a really unbiased site. OTOH it's on
the internet so it must be true!

That was a nice try though. Everyone knows that someone didn't
produce all their records so if you say it was Kerry someone might
just believe it. Right wing reasoning.

Note: My spell-checker wants to change "Gingrich" to "Gibberish".
Even the machines have deserted you Newt!