Old November 17th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Jean-Marc V. Liotier

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:52:26 +0200, Marc Lurie wrote:

Other sites in Zimbabwe are Great Zimbabwe near Masvingo (which is out
of your way if you're going from Beit Bridge to Vic Falls) and Hwange
Nat. Park near Bulawayo.

That is if there is any game left in Hwange. I came accross a BBC article
about the current food situation in Zimbabwe and it seems that shortages
have pushed some people to poaching :

"A sad spinoff of the hunger story is that the new settlers on land once
devoted to wildlife, are trapping and killing the animals. Game that was
once carefully culled is now being slaughtered wholesale.

"We have lost 95% of our game," says one game warder. "Whatever comes
along they will take it. Meat is meat to them."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ld/4002489.stm