Old November 22nd, 2003, 01:48 PM
Cyber

Default cell phone purchase and service in HK

Some of those are stolen phone ! Becareful.

"Rob" wrote in message
Too right - a short walk around Central will see many street vendors
desperate to sell you mobile phones.

Also, if your a frequent traveller to HK or short-term resident, you can

buy
second-hand unlocked mobiles at really cheap prices, especially in Mong
Kok/Nathan Rd areas, but *beware* and always ask to try these with a sim
card/check they actually work before buying. I've bought a few Nokia

6100's,
all working like a dream, and sold them on here in the UK.

Phone companies are practically at every street corner. We went to one

in
subway station. You can buy minutes without having to sign up for a
contract.