Old February 21st, 2004, 06:00 PM
Mike Cordelli

Default Cheap flights /last seats/ ?

It was called last minute standby, but virtually no airline has offered it
for many years. They would rather have the seats go unsold then have people
plan on them being there and not pay a fortune for last minute seats.

"stwoorca" wrote in message
Hi,
I heard about possibility of buying last tickets just before plane departs
(if there are few not occupied seats i heard that airlines sell them

really
cheap just before departure - at least in Frankfurt). Is this right?? Can
anyone tell me more about it?? And maybe someone knows how often there are
not fully occupied planes from Frankfurt to Mexico City?? And maybe
something like this has its own name??
Thanx for all answers,
best regards -SourcuS