Old September 20th, 2003, 09:07 PM
PTRAVEL

Default Noise cancellers (Was: Tokyo with a Very Young Child)

"Gerry Scott-Moore" wrote in message
d...
In article , PTRAVEL
wrote:

A friend bought them and tried to proselytize to validate his
purchase. But after demo'ing his at home I couldn't see my way
clear.

Were they the IIs or the original? My Sonys out-performed the
original Bose QuietComfort phones. The new ones, though, are really
quite nice.

After buzzing the website I'm pretty sure they are teh QC 2's. They
were part of a promo only a few months back and they cost, as indicated
at the website a discounted version of $300. Yikes. Damned
comfortable though. One of my problems with headsets is that after 2-3
hours they really begin to hurt the outer-ear unless they are the kind
that fit completely around the outside. That did not seem to be the
case with this set.

I've worn the originals for as much as 12 hours at a time, and the IIs for
4-5 hours. The IIs, in particular, are quite comfortable.

--
///---