Old January 6th, 2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

wrote in message
On Jan 5, 11:31 pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:
wrote in message

How is this post any different than mine? He does not adress the
issue at hand either. Going to tell him off. No? How come.

"We have Asian stores in the USA like that. In Daly City CA we
lived not far from two Asian supermarkets. But... to be on sale
in the USA the products must have an ingredients list in English.
That's the only way I knew what some of the stuff was, although
that wasn't as helpful as I would have hoped."

c'mon, Chuckie - you're the one with that masters degree. You ought to
be
able to figure that out all by yourself. Right? Right!

(btw - good to see no red herrings and no ad hominems in your post for a
change.)

no, I dont see any difference. Please explain.

[sigh] so that masters not that much use to you, Chuckie? OK - one time and
one time only - and just for you...because I do think others get it, they
being not as befuddled as you seem to be.

1. The scope of the discussion is Canada and the issue is the phenomenon
whereby the exact same item (e.g., a can of Campbell Chicken Noodle soup) is
labeled in English and French in the western provinces of that country and
only in French in Quebec. Got that?

2. That comment by "Hatunen" on Jan 4, 2008 11:24pm which
you quote addresses a situation in the United States, as per the qualifiers
used ("USA", "Daly City CA"). So this comment is an aside, an observation
outside the scope of the main discussion. Read it as many times as you want
and parse however you will - you...I assure you...will not be able to find
Hatunen's words to address anything Canadian either directly, by
implication, or by inference.

3. Now let's take your comment ( Jan 4, 2008, 8:53pm) -

"we have a couple of stores here where everything is chinese
only.....chinese grocery stores....there is an italian place where 90%
of the stuff is direct italian..."

Note no qualifiers as to where "here" is. Given such imprecision on the one
hand and your post following on the other hand within scope comments by
"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" (Jan 4, 2008 2:14 am, Jan 4,
2008 12:41pm) and me (Jan 4, 2008 8:06am, Jan 4, 2008 7:21pm), your comment
in and of itself is clearly within scope. You may have not intended it to
be within scope...you may have intended to be out of scope as Hautnen's
comment is. But read exactly what you wrote...and only what you wrote...any
number of times and parse it however you will - and I submit that you will
not be able explain how what your wrote is in fact outside of scope.

Got it?