Old January 7th, 2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default insunrace

wrote in message
I still don't see the difference.

Explain to me what the difference is again?

Aside from listing where "here" is.

How is Hatunen's post relevant about where he is from when the subject
is dealing with canada?

Scope, Chuckie, scope.

1. Hatunen's post is outside the scope, as he clearly so establishes with
his references to "USA" and "Daly City CA"....a "compare and contrast"
observation - "That's the way things are in Canada, here is the way things
are in the USA."

2. Your post, ambiguous and imprecise as it is location-wise, falls - with
the words you used and your lack of qualifiers - within the scope of the
discussion. Now whether you intended to fall within the scope or - like
Hatunen - intended to be outside the scope is moot. The actual words you
used place your comment within the scope, just as the words Hatunen used
places him outside. Maybe - just perhaps - I can drive home the point by
asking you as per your comment - from the words you used and only the words
you used, exactly where is the location vis a vis your comment? I submit
that you - nor any one else - can determine from those words of yours that
the location is other than Canada, that country being the nation under
discussion. Now had you been more precise with words like "here in New
York," "here in Cambridge, MA," or even "here in the USA," then you too
would have been out of scope and presumably been offering a "compare and
contrast" observation as Hatunen did.

If you still don't get it, then perhaps someone else can explain it to you
in a way that you can indeed understand. I probably have overexplained more
than enough as it is.