Old March 1st, 2014, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default Postage

""Király"" wrote in message ...

JohnT wrote:
You have to pay tax on Postage Stamps in Canada?

Yes, anywhere between 5% and 15% depending on which province you live
in. I'm one of the lucky ones that only has to pay 5%.

I will continue buying old stamp collections on eBay, which I can
sometimes snap up for 60-70% of face value, no tax.

Regarding (4), do they give any hints about where they will send your
mail?

Probably to a "community mail box" which will be down the street,
and which will be subject to vandalism and theft. Most neighbourhoods
that were build after

surely it will be to a personal "mail box" for which only you (and the PO,
of course) have the key, located inside some communal building (usually the
town PO)

That's how it currently works in many rural areas in large countries, they
seem to be suggesting that they will use it in urban areas as well

My friend in SA has such a system

tim