Old March 10th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Mark Hewitt

Default What was your worst TOUT experience?

"Bradwell Jackson" wrote in message
om...
Please share with us what your worst tout experience was. I must say
that, for myself, my worst experience was at the pyramids in Giza. I
thought that I was already seasoned to deal with them after having
been in India, but it seems to me that the pyramids are the place
where all the very best touts go to after they have graduated from
lesser venues. I can just picture a tout convention where the members
sit around and dream wistfully of the "big show" in Giza.

The one time I've bought a ticket for a sporting event outside the ground
was when the European Touring Cars were at Silverstone. I was approached in
the car park by someone who said they had been given free tickets to the
event* and had a spare. He offered to give me the ticket, if in return I
bought him a race programme.

The ticket value was £15 and the race programme was £3 so I agreed. He got
his race programme, I got a ticket for £12 cheaper than I was expecting,
everyone was happy!

*Race tracks often give free tickets to nearby residents to keep them happy
and hopefully stop them complaining about the noise.