Old January 29th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Marior

"Todd H." wrote in message

First I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread--you all
were a big help!

Unfortunately economics got involved and I cut my vacation back and
simplified a bit. I was able to find a package that dropped me on
Maui for 10 days at the Ritz Carlton including airfare from Chicago
for less than $4k total for 2. Comparing with other hotels and even
remotely as nice places, I couldn't muster a lower number.

Next time I'll look into some of the condos more--they seem to be the
best bang for the buck in general. Something tells me this won't be
my only trip to the Hawaiian islands. :-)

Just curious and please don't take this the wrong way but I can't help but
wonder why you would cut down length of stay due to economics and ... you're
staying at the Ritz Carlton? IMHO the point of going is * just being* in
Hawaii and not Chicago I'd stay in a tent if it was the only way I could
afford it. FTR 4K Canadian has got me 3 weeks in Hawaii with reasonable
accomodation on 3 islands and airfare and interisland passes. I'm in
Edmonton and believe me I'd rather be there longer than here!
10days is great but why not maximize Time instead of 5star next time?