Old February 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corné

Default ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

On a similar note, my pet peeve is people who say that if a woman/girl
wears a short skirt, or walks around at night "deserves to be raped".
This takes the onus of self-control away from the rapist (or potential
rapist) and makes it okay to rape "under certain circumstances".

I know that the fact is that it is more likely to occur, but that
doesn't make it right.

Catherine

Hey Catherine,

1 in 5 SA women will be raped some day, that is the sad reality. There is
something structural wrong in this country. Easy to blame it on poverty, but
I believe it is a combination of factors. Main reason is that 'they' can get
away with it. In some cultures women are submissive to men, and that has
been abused many times.

Keep well.. and excentric

Corné.

www.amukela.com