Old February 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie

Default ?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Hans,

You're quite correct. I am also distressed that there seems to be a lack of
government willingness to tackle certain issues, and a lack of comprehension
about the importance of solving certain problems. I am particularly
disturbed by the culture of "entitlement" that has become far more aggresive
than in the past, and I am very concerned that convicted CRIMINALS like Tony
Yengeni and Shabir Sheik (and not-yet convicted criminals like Jacob Zuma)
are being treated as virtual heroes or matyrs.

However, none of that excuses, for one second, that Corne paid a bribe to a
policeman and that is illegal, wrong, and reprehensible.

"Wildpicture" wrote in message
Marc Lurie schreef:
What kind of people think it's OK to complain about rampant crime, but
then boast about breaking the law?

Marc, very true and I do agree with you.

But what people in Souh Africa really need at this moment is to have the
present leaders behave as examples, as role models. Do you think ordinary
people will change their attitudes when they see their leaders only taking
care of theirselves?

Regards,
Hans